Manage your own internet site! At this website you will find more information about open source solutions for setting up and managing your own Joomla!® web site. And the services which db8 can offer you. You can manage a Joomla website easily without technical knowledge and with only a standard internet browser.
- you don't need external companies for the maintenance of the contents of your website;
- you won't need expensive software;
- maintenance is not bound to one location;
- the web sites can be edited with multiple people at the same time;
- the systems can be extended with new functionalities;
- Editing is easy. Creating a web page is somewhat like using MS Word: you won't need technical HTML knowledge anymore!
The Joomla World Conference will be held at the eBay headquarter in San Jose (CA, USA) from Friday 16 till Sunday 18 November 2012.
Peter Martin will give a presentation about how you can make changes in Joomla and 3rd party extensions without using core hacks. Joomla is open source software under the GPL license. One of the benefits of open source software is that you can (and are allowed to) read and change the source code. Therefore it's very easy to make small changes in Joomla's core code. But loosing those changes by just upgrading is even easier!
Joomladay Cape Town 2012 - How to set up a multilingual Joomla 2.5 website in 10 steps & Ideas, Setups and Tips
Joomla 2.5 has a built-in option to use Joomla for multilingual websites. It's an awesome functionality but it can be a hassle to set it up correctly.
The languages are independent of each other, and to manage translations for all different languages, a 3rd party multilingual content manager can be used.
Joomla is open source software. One of the benefits of open source software is that you can (and are allowed to) read and change the source code. It's very easy to make small changes in Joomla's core code. It's even easier to lose your changes by just upgrading!